Thursday, October 20, 2011

When fooling a carnivore, make sure it tastes good!

Tonight in the Norman household, there will be minimal cooking involved!  Woot woo!  I need to use up some of those pesky left overs.  I have ALOT of left over rice from this past week.  So, we will be having a husband requested meal.  I have to inform you, that the husband was a meat and potaotes man when we started dating.  He still is.  So, for him to request a meatless dish is amazing and you know it has to be good.  This one is a treasure I came across in one of the many Tast of Home cookbooks I have.  It is cheap, quick to fix, and very yummy!

Black Bean and Rice Burritos

1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
2 C. cooked rice
Flour/Corn tortillas

In a large sauce pan, combine the tomatoes, beans, cumin, and garlic powder. Heat to a boil and bean are heated thoroughly. Stir in rice. Heat until rice is hot. Serve on tortillas with sour cream and cheese.

 
 
If they are nice to me tonight, I may even make the homemade corn tortilla chips and guacamole - both of which are oh so easy to make!

No comments: