Tuesday, October 18, 2011

We are all nuts (for pie) here!

So, yesterday, Iasked for recipe requests on my Facebook page.  It was recomended and strongly seconded that I post a pecan pie recipe.  *DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!*  I am not from the south.  I have no idea how true to the real thing this recipe is.  I just know, that it is my Mom's recipe.  Is it good?  Ph my heavens!  It is amazing.  So, here it is, the absolutlely delicious not at all healthy pecan pie.

Pecan Pie

¾ C sugar
 2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 C dark Karo syrup
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp flour
½ C evaporated milk
2 C pecan pieces
1 9in pie shell, uncooked in a 9 in pie plate

In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in corn syrup. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the evaporated milk, pecans, and vanilla. Pour into pie shell. Cook at 350° for 50 minutes.

No comments: