Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Best Sweet and Sour Beef...in a crockpot!

I received this recipe a few years ago from our dear friend Mie.  It is amazing!  It is easy!  Did I mention it is amazing and the best sweet and sour recipe using the crockpot I have tried.  This will be dinner tonight int he Norman household.  I am very excited.  I had to share this one with you all!  I have no funny quips int he title for this blog of in this write up, I am too busy dreaming of dinner.

Sweet and Sour Beef

2 lb beef steaks
½ C. flour
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
½ C ketchup
¼ C brown sugar
¼ C vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
¾ C water
1 tsp salt
4-6 carrots cut, cut into matchstick strips

Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Mix together flour, salt, pepper, and dredge beef cubes in mixture. In a skillet, heat olive oil and brown beef cubes. Place browned beef in slow cooker and set on low heat. Add remaining ingredients, except the carrots. Cook for 4-5 hours. Add carrots and cook for 3-4 hours longer. Serve over hot rice.

No comments: