Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How do I love thee, my dearest Crock Pot??? Let me count the ways!

With Fall in the air, I have busted out the crockpot.  Okay, I am lying, it never gets put away.  I use it year round.  I love my crockpot(s).  I have 3.  Yup, you read that right.  I have three crockpots.  A medium sized and a large sized one.  I also have a large crockpot that is all blinged out for travel.  The lid clips in.  I adore them all.  Crockpots save me so much time and heartache on the nights I get home from work and have to rush out of the house again.  No fuss dinner!  So, I had to share a recipe that we threw together.  Crockpot Swiss(ish) Steak!  I had bought some stir fry steak meat for very cheap and used it in tonights dinner.  Something about using worcestershire sauce makes me think of The Muppets.  I wanted to call it Crockpot Swedish Steak, but the name didn't stick.



Crockpot Swiss(ish) Steak

1 lb. thinly sliced round steak
1 10 3/4 oz can French Onion Soup
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 C. chopped celery
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp majoram
1/4 tsp ground black pepper

In a medium crockpot (3 1/2 quart), combine all of the ingredients.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours.  To thicken, turn crockpot to high.  Mix 2 Tbsp cornstarch with 1/2 C water.  Add to crockpot and stir well.  Cook on high for 15-20 minutes, or until thickened.  Serve over hot, cooked noodles.


We really enjoyed it and I hope you do to.

In closing, I leave you with the Swedish Chef.  Wait until we have a chopped brocolli dish on here....

No comments: